The 2020 Osteopractic Clinic of the Year Award ($2000) was given to the following 3 new Osteopractic Clinic owners:
- Dr. Matthew Milholen, DPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
Little Rock, AR
- Dr. Russell Darrington, DPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
Phoenix Osteopractic Physical Therapy
- Dr. Geoffrey Daigle, DPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
Daigle’s Osteopractic Physical Therapy
Grand Rapids, MN
- Dr. Casey Charlebois, DPT, MSc, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
- Dr. Keith Fandry, DPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
The 2020 AAMT Osteopractic Physical Therapist of the Year Award was given to:
- Dr. Noah Zacharko, DPT, MPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
Osteopractic Physical Therapy of the Carolinas
Fort Mill, SC
The 2020 AAMT Distinguished Osteopractic Graduate of the Year Award was given to:
- Dr. Paul Bliton, DPT, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic
The 2020 AAMT Fellowship Most Inspiring Graduate Award was given to:
- Dr. Patrick Gorby, DPT, Dip. Osteopractic
In December of 2020, at the 7th Annual Osteopractic Graduation Ceremony in Atlanta GA, AAMT awarded the Diploma in Osteopractic to 38 Physical Therapists from Arizona, California, Georgia, Florida, Hawaii, New York, Washington and many of the states in between! Well done to all!
In 2020, AAMT Faculty & Fellows published two randomized multi-center clinical trials and 2 case studies in the following internationally recognized journals: The Spine Journal, JOSPT, Physiotherapy Theory & Practice, and the Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies.
1. Spinal Manipulation and Perineural Electrical Dry Needling in Patients with Cervicogenic Headache: a Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial (Dunning J, Butts R, Zacharko N, Fandry K, Young I, Wheeler K, Day J, Fernandez-de-las-Penas C, 2020)
2. Spinal Manipulation and Electrical Dry Needling in Patients With Subacromial Pain Syndrome: A Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial (Dunning J, Butts R, Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C, Walsh S, Goult C, Gillett B, Arias-Buria J, Garcia J, Young I, 2020)
3. Conservative Management in an Elderly Woman with Proximal Humeral Head Fracture and Massive Rotator Cuff Tear who Refused Surgery: a Case Report (Brindisino F, Maselli F, Giovannico G, Dunning J, Mourad F, 2020)
In 2021, the AAMT faculty will be teaching over 156 courses throughout the USA and also in Italy, Greece, Poland, Slovenia and Cyprus. These are exciting times for all Osteopractors!