In the summer of 2019, the AAMT Fellowship will proudly graduate 61 more Fellows with the FAAOMPT credential! Notably, this is the largest fellowship class yet!
In December of 2018, at the 5th Annual Osteopractic Graduation Ceremony, AAMT awarded the Diploma in Osteopractic to 82 Physical Therapists from Arizona, California, Florida, New York, Georgia, Washington and many of the states in between! Well done to all!
In March of 2019, AAMT added a new state-of-the-art course to the Diploma in Osteopractic curriculum: DN-3 Ultrasound-Guided Dry Needling: Diagnosis & Management Implications for Spine & Extremity Musculoskeletal Conditions.
Over the past 12 months, AAMT has added 6 new senior instructors:
- Dr. Casey Bush, DPT, MS, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic (USA)
- Dr. Tamara Copes, DPT, MS, ATC, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic (USA)
- Dr. Rudi Knipp, PT, MS, OMT, Dip. Osteopractic (Austria)
- Dr. Keith Fandry, DPT, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic (USA)
- Dr. Paul Bliton, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, Dip. Osteopractic (USA)
- Dr. Konstantinos Vathrakokoilis, PhD, MSc, OMPT, Dip. Osteopractic (Greece)
Over the past 12 months, the faculty of the AAMT Fellowship have published 8 peer-reviewed journal articles: 2 randomized clinical trials, 1 literature review, 2 psychometric properties studies and 3 case studies (full text PDF download for each below).
1. Electrical Dry Needling as an Adjunct to Exercise, Manual Therapy and Ultrasound for Plantar Fasciitis: a Multi-Center Randomized Clinical Trial (Dunning et al, 2018)
4. Reliability, Construct Validity and Responsiveness of the Neck Disability Index and Numeric Pain Rating Scale in Patients with Mechanical Neck Pain without Upper Extremity Symptoms (Young et al, 2018)
2018 AAMT Instructor of the Year Award ($2000) was given to:
2018 Osteopractic Clinic of the Year Award ($2000) was given to:
It has been an incredibly busy yet remarkable 12 months for the AAMT Faculty, Fellows and Fellows-in-Training! In 2019, the AAMT Faculty will be teaching over 135 courses throughout the USA and also in Brazil, Greece, Italy, Spain and Austria. These are exciting times for all Osteopractors!